Thursday 14 November 2013

How to Manage Multiple Social Networks

One of the most frequent questions I’m asked is “how do I manage all my social media?” This quick thirty minute video with Jason Wiser of Webination Station will give you a lot of great tips on how you can manage your social media as well as the tools that I use. Jason asked me questions about how to manage multiple social networks and I answered!

List of resources from the Hangout:



Buffer - my main social media secret weapon! I use Buffer to post my content at optimal times on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ pages that I manage. I love to use the Chrome extension and add content as I find it, select the account and it share accordingly to the schedule I set up.

Buffer also has fantastic analytics which tell you how your content is performing so you know what to do more of and what to change.

It’s easy to set up and easy to use. The folks at Buffer are responsive via email and social media. Tell them I sent you if you sign up.

I need to write a Buffer tips and tricks post but in the meantime if you want more information on Buffercheck out this article.

Tweetdeck – my personal favorite for managing Twitter.

Social Bro - Disclosure: I have a sponsored account with Social Bro. Social Bro is for Twitter Management, I use it with Buffer to run a report called “Best Time to Tweet.” I share that information with Buffer and update it once a week to reach my Twitter followers when they are online. You can also find targeted people to follow and create a great online community for Twitter.

Social Bro has a ton of reports and ways to connect and build your Twitter account. I try to hit this once a week to follow people back and find new people to follow.

Google Alerts – easy to set up and get to keep an eye on the social media conversation about your brand, your keywords, influencers or even the competition.

Hootsuite - Does many of the same things as Buffer. A few features unique to Hootsuite that I like are the drag and drop calendar and the ability to schedule a spreadsheet of content. They did a nice job with the update to their Hootlet Chrome extension.

Many people love Hootsuite as their favorite tool. I just personally prefer Buffer. Try both and see which one you like.

My friend Mike Allton writes about Hootsuite so I’m going to share his Pinterest board for Hootsuite tips.

Friends +Me - Great for sharing your Google+ content to other platforms. I use this to post to Twitter from Google+. If you do this, keep in mind that you need to have the top line of your Google+ post be the text for your tweet. You can select where you want to share the post with certain hashtags or you can use #noshare and not post that item from Google+, it’s easy to customize.

I hope you found this helpful and got a tip or two that you can use for your social media. Jason is just getting started with his podcast/Hangout series, make sure you follow him so you don’t miss his next Hangout.

Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below. If you liked this, please sign up for my email list to receive occasional updates from me.

Photo Credit: Big Stock Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment